Follow Us

Breaking News

First 660 Megawatt Unit of NTPC's TTPP will go on stream by November 2026

 TALCHER:The construction work of 1320 Megawatt Talcher Thermal Power Project(TTPP) is going on full swing as per the schedule so as to commission its first unit by November 2026.

The big ticket Power project of National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC) envisages setting up two Ultra Super critical Units of each 660Megawatt Unit.

 Addressing the media persons,the Executive Director of Talcher Thermal Power project(TTPP) Goutam  Deb said the first Unit of the project is scheduled to be commissioned  in November 2026 while the second Unit will go on stream on may 27.He said the total cost of the Power project entails rupees 11,843crore from which 30 percent of the cost will be as equity and remaining 70 per cent of the cost will be procured from loan.

 The ED said the Power project is one of the most  modern Power Plant with State of Art technology with minimum pollution hazards.”Works in full progress in critical fronts like boiler,chimney,DM Plant and other key areas of the project.The carbon emission from the plant will be very less compared to the  other plants.High efficient Electrostatic Precipitator will be installed in the plant.Sulphur dioxide emission will be also very less  and as regards to ash handling  the slurry will be despatched to void coal mining at Talcher..

 

 

  The ED said Odisha gets lion share of Power from this power plant.He said Odisha will get 50 per cent of the power generation while Assam,Gujarat and Tamil Nadu will get more than 11 per cent each respectively.There will be  15 per cent  unallocated power remained with TTPP which will be given to consumers as per the direction given by the centre.The cost of power per unit from this power project will be around rupees 3.76 ,he told.

 As per the water and coal linkage,the ED said,the power project will draw around 5.5million tone of coal per annum from Talcher Coalfield while the water will be available  from the nearby Brahmani river.He said the power project comes up after the decommissioning of old Talcher Thermal Power Station(TTPP) in 2021.It was due to environmental and safety concerns.As the plant became old and obsolete,the NTPC had acquired the plant  from erstwhile odisha State Electricity Board in 1995.While the Plant Load factor(PLF) of TTPS was  at 20 per cent during Board time.it roase up to 96 per cent under NTPC.

 Senior general managers of TTPP were present in the press meet.

Related Business News

Global Microsoft Outrage Disrupts Arlines,Banks And Businesses

 In a sudden Global Miscrosoft outrage users of  Microsoft 360, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Cloud-Powered Service faced disruptions. "Windows laptops around the world are not working due to Microsoft's server shutdown. This has ....

Unemployment in UK at 4.4% in May

 LONDON: The unemployment rate in the UK as of May was at 4.4%, the Office for National Statistics (Ons) revealed on Thursday. The unemployment rate was stable from April but up by 0.4 percentage point from May 2023. "The unemployment rate is up on the quarter and up on the year, and above....

Investment declined in last 10 years due to Modi govt’s 'Raid Raj': Congress

NEW DELHI: Congress on Wednesday alleged that investment has been declining continuously for the last 10 years due to unstable policies of Modi government, dominance of crony capitalism and 'Raid Raj' of Enforcement Directorate (ED), Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Income Tax Department. P....

Now SBI Loans To Be More Expensive As Interest Rates Hiked From Today

ByJagadananda Pradhan  NEW DELHI: The country's largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) has increased its benchmark marginal cost of lending rate (MCLR) from 0.05 percent to 0.10 percent from Monday. This move of the bank will also increase the interest rates of MCLR based loans. According to ....

Wholesale inflation rises to 3.36 in June,highest in 16 months

 NEW DELHI: The wholesale inflation in the country rose for the fourth consecutive month to 3.36 percent in June. The main reason for this was the increase in the prices of food items, especially vegetables and manufactured goods. According to information,the inflation based on the Wholesale Pr....

Links
Contact
Editor :
Jagadananda Pradhan
Email :
fastmail@yahoo.com
For Ads :
fastmailads@gmail.com
Ph : (+91)6764295999
Contact Us
© 2024 Fast Mail Media Pvt Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by : FM Media Pvt Ltd.
Developed by : Futuradept Tech