Saturday 23rd of May 2026

Follow Us

Breaking News

Devastation in Gaza : Israel Resumes Bombardment Killing at Least 404; Ceasefire with Hamas Collapses

GAZA STRIP/TEL AVIV: Israel carried out airstrikes in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday morning, killing at least 404 Palestinians, including women and children, according to sources. The sudden attack has shattered a ceasefire in place since January, raising fears that the 17-month-long war could resume.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered strikes after Hamas rejected Israel’s demands for changes to the ceasefire agreement. Officials indicated that the scope of the attacks could expand further.

Meanwhile,the White House has stated that it was consulted before the attack and expressed support for Israel’s decision.

The Israeli military ordered residents to evacuate eastern Gaza and move toward the center, signaling that a renewed ground offensive may soon begin.

Netanyahu’s office declared, “Israel will now intensify its military force against Hamas.” The attack, occurring during the month of Ramadan, could reignite a war that has already killed thousands of Palestinians and caused widespread destruction in Gaza. It also raises questions about the fate of roughly two dozen Israeli hostages held by Hamas, believed to still be alive.

A senior Hamas official called Netanyahu’s decision to resume the war a “death sentence” for the remaining hostages. Izzat al-Risheq accused Netanyahu of launching the attacks to preserve his coalition and urged mediators to reveal who truly broke the ceasefire. Hamas reported that at least four senior officials were killed in Tuesday’s strikes.

Hours after the bombardment, no retaliatory attacks from Hamas had been reported, suggesting the group may still hope for the ceasefire to be restored.

The strikes come amid mounting pressure on Netanyahu in Israel, with large-scale protests planned over his handling of the hostage crisis and his decision to dismiss the head of Israel’s internal security agency. Following the attacks, his recent testimony in a long-standing corruption trial was canceled.

The main group representing the hostages’ families accused the government of abandoning the ceasefire, stating it had “chosen to abandon the hostage issue.” The Hostages and Missing Families Forum said in a statement, “We are shocked, angered, and terrified by the deliberate termination of the process to bring our loved ones back from Hamas’s horrific captivity.”

Many Palestinians said they had feared the war would resume when negotiations for the second phase of the ceasefire failed to start on schedule in early February. Instead, Israel adopted an alternative proposal and cut off all supplies of food, fuel, and other aid to Gaza’s 2 million Palestinians to pressure Hamas into accepting it.

Gaza’s Health Ministry reported that at least 404 people were killed and more than 560 injured in the strikes. Earlier on Tuesday, it had reported 413 deaths and 660 injuries but later revised the figures. Rescue workers are still searching through rubble for the dead and injured as the attacks continue.

 

 The White House blamed Hamas for the renewed conflict. National Security Council spokesperson Brian Hughes said the terrorist group “could have extended the ceasefire by releasing hostages but instead chose to refuse and opt for war.”

An Israeli official said Israel is targeting Hamas’s military, leadership, and infrastructure, with plans to expand the operation beyond airstrikes. The official accused Hamas of planning new attacks.

Netanyahu’s office said the Israeli leader held security consultations with senior officials but provided no further details.

Negotiations for the second phase of the ceasefire had stalled. The strikes came two months after a ceasefire paused the war. Over six weeks, Hamas released 25 Israeli hostages and handed over the bodies of eight others in exchange for nearly 2,000 Palestinian prisoners in the first phase of the ceasefire.

However, since the ceasefire expired two weeks ago, the two sides have failed to agree on a path forward for the second phase, aimed at securing the release of the remaining 59 hostages. Hamas has demanded an end to the war and a full Israeli withdrawal in exchange for the remaining hostages, while Israel insists it will not stop until it destroys Hamas’s governing and military capabilities and frees all hostages.

Netanyahu’s office stated on Tuesday that Hamas “has repeatedly refused to release our hostages and rejected all proposals received from U.S. President’s envoy Steve Witcoff and mediators.”

Israel wants Hamas to release half of the remaining hostages in exchange for a promise to negotiate a permanent ceasefire, while Hamas seeks adherence to the ceasefire deal, which included starting talks on a tougher second phase involving the release of the remaining hostages and an Israeli withdrawal from Gaza.

The resumption of war could also bolster Netanyahu’s coalition, which relies on far-right lawmakers.

Related World News

'Iran Ready to Hand Over Enriched Uranium', Trump's Claim – Both Countries Now Close to a Ceasefire Deal

 Efforts for a second round of talks between the United States and Iran have intensified. Meanwhile, Donald Trump claimed on Thursday  that Iran has agreed to hand over its stockpile of enriched uranium. He said that after six weeks of conflict, both sides have come very close to a peace a....

Araghchi thanks Pakistan for hosting Iran-US talks, hoping for more talks between US and Iran

 Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said in a social media post that he thanked Pakistan for its “gracious hosting” of the US-Iran dialogue as he received the country’s Army chief Field Marshal Asim Munir in Tehran on Wednesday. Araghchi received Munir, who is heading a high-leve....

Second Round of Talks Between Iran and America to be Held Soon : Trump

 US President Donald Trump has said that the second round of direct talks with Iran could take place “within the next two days.” This signals a potential diplomatic breakthrough, even as the United States continues to enforce a naval blockade targeting Iranian shipping. In an interv....

Islamabad Talks End Without Result : JD Vance Says America Returns Without Any Agreement

(Fast Mail):-- The high-level talks between the United States and Iran, which continued for 21 long hours in Pakistan’s capital Islamabad, have ended without any result.US Vice President JD Vance clearly stated in a press conference: “Unfortunately, we could not reach any agreement.....

Lebanon Says Israel Talks To Take Place On April 14 In Washington

(Fast Mail):--  Even after the ceasefire between the United States and Iran in the Middle East, regional tensions do not appear to have fully subsided. Meanwhile, Israel continues to carry out attacks on Lebanon. However, in a significant move to bring the situation under control, Israel has he....

Links
Contact
Editor :
Jagadananda Pradhan
Email :
fastmail@yahoo.com
For Ads :
fastmailads@gmail.com
Ph : (+91)6764295999
Contact Us
© 2026 Fast Mail Media Pvt Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by : FM Media Pvt Ltd.
Developed by : Futuradept Tech